Port City Pistol, LLC - Class 3 NFA Dealer


Port City Pistol - Muskegon, Michigan Gun Store and Indoor Firearm RangePort City Pistol is your source for Class 3, Title II National Firearm Act firearms (NFA), including machine guns and silencers. Port City Pistol is a Special Occupation Tax (SOT) holder, authorized to transfer Class 3, Title II, NFA regulated firearms. Whether you are looking for a class III dealer for transfers, to buy or sell NFA firearms, you have come to the right place. We are specialists in Class 3 weapon sales and carry an inventory of many popular items for Class 3 enthusiasts. We have experience in all types of NFA weapons, from military grade to collector pieces; we can help you find what you’re looking for.
Port City Pistol has a stock of some of the more popular Class 3 weapons, including suppressors/silencers and accessories. If you are a Class 3 enthusiast, and are looking for the next addition to your collection, just give us call and we will see how we can help you.


If we don't have the machinegun, or suppressor that you are looking for, we have a network of contacts who can help us locate just the right item for your specific needs.


We are always looking to buy quality machineguns. Please contact us to discuss further. If you are new to the Class III world and would like more information on the process of Purchasing a Class III (NFA) Firearm, we have put togther a Step-By-Step list to help guide you through the process.


Owning a class 3 weapon (machine gun / silencer) is relatively simple. There are several rules and regulations that individuals must comply with. Here is a simple “how to” guide to get you started.

You may only own a machine gun that was manufactured and registered with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) National Firearms Act (NFA) Branch before May 19, 1986. Weapons manufactured after that date are restricted for Military and Law Enforcement use only.


The purchase of suppressors (silencers) is permitted in the state of Michigan, provided they are legally registered with the ATF NFA Branch.


Currently, short barreled rifles and shotguns are illegal in the state of Michigan.

An individual purchasing a “National Firearms Act Weapon”, NFA weapon or Class 3 weapon is required to pay a one-time $200 Federal Excise Tax fee. This fee has been the same, since 1934. It has never changed and has the simple requirement for owning a NFA firearm.  To obtain an NFA weapon, you must first select one. The reason being is the forms are required to transfer the weapon from seller to buyer, requiring specific information. An unlicensed individual may not transfer Class 3 weapons directly into their state. An active Class 3 dealer is required to execute the transfer.  We will be happy to help you in the selection of a reputable Class 3 dealer in the state that you live if you need assistance.Class 3 NFA Dealer

The ATF Form 4 is quite simple. It will need to be filled out in duplicate by your Class 3 NFA dealer, showing the current owner of the weapon and address, your name and address, description of the weapon and serial number, etc. You will be given the forms, along with a set of fingerprint cards. On the back of the form is a place for your photograph and your local law enforcement official’s signature. If you are transferring the NFA weapon to your corporation or to a trust, this Law Enforcement signature is not required. If you have a trust or corporate transfer, contact us for more details.

The required official signature may come from a multitude of sources. The Chief of Police, the Sheriff of your county, District Attorney, a Federal judge, State Chief of Police, etc. Typically the person signing this ATF form 4 will conduct a background check on you, insuring that you are a person in good standing within your community.

After you have obtained an official signature, return all the forms along with your photographs (taped to the back), your fingerprint cards, and your check for $200, (payable to The Department of the Treasury) to your Class 3 NFA dealer.  All of this information, along with the fee, will be forwarded to the BATF and they will begin the process of transferring the ownership of the weapon to your name or corporation.

If you have questions or would like more information, please feel free to contact us. We will show you how to legally obtain one.  It is Federal Law that ALL transactions are confidential, because we are ultimately talking about taxes.